Frequently Asked Questions
Please read FAQ articles below. There you can find there answers on common asked questions about Import, Export and Recovery routines.
Questions about products registration and delivery
Our software licenses are delivered electronically via e-mail but in most cases the license available at last ordering page. Backup CD is delivered as a standard postage.
Q. I ordered a license but have not received it yet and I’m still waiting for the download link.
- A. Please check your spam filter and junk e-mail folder. Our registration letter has been probably filtered by you or your Internet Service Provider. Please request the new one license and download link to be mailed to you by our support.
Q. I have not yet received my CD
- A. The backup CD option is distributed by our sales partner. Please contact to Plimus company directly if you have a question about CD delivery. Note: The physical delivery of CD can borrow up to 4 weeks.
Q. My license period for Outlook Import Wizard is expiring. Are there any discounts available for when I extend it?
- Yes, existing users of our software can extend the term of their license and receive a guaranteed discount…
Outlook Import Wizard
E-mail import utility, used to convert amount of email files into Outlook items. The software functions are checked by quality assurance, but in some cases we can expect technical issues which are described below.
Q. After several attemps to import emails with your software, all of them remain blank once in Outlook. I’ve tried to disable Windows Defender and importing while in safe mode but none of these solutions worked. Could you please help me ?
- A. This problem appears when you trying to import emails inside Outlook profile which is connected to IMAP or Exchange Server. If the server is not allowing to import emails, there is no way to save the email body and emails became blank. To resolve this you may import emails into new PST file instead.You have to choose the “Create new PST file” option at the last page of the wizard, specify the path and the *.pst file name then press Start button. Created *.pst file can be opened in Outlook using menu File > Open > Open Outlook Data File…
Q. I have just converted 244Mb of .eml files to a single large .pst (454Mb). It appears that all emails from me are incorrectly date-stamped today when I open the pst file in Outlook (2003). When I open an individual message, the date I sent it is there, it is just wrong in the header in Outlook. Emails received from others are correctly date-stamped. Is this a bug? How can I convert these archives so that ALL messages are correctly sorted by date?
- A. Please select incorrect timestamped e-mails and move (drag) them into corresponding folder. For sample: if you have sent-items in your Inbox, move them into Sent Items folder and date will be properly displayed.
Q. The Outlook Import Wizard displays error message : One of software components are missing or damaged when I press the Start button.
- A. Please check that you running the Import Wizard at the system where Outlook installed and configured. Outlook installation is required for our software. If you just installed the Outlook, please run it for one time to initialize the user profile. Additionally, please download the latest version of our software and reinstall it. If this problem persists, please reinstall the Outlook and Outlook Import Wizard to refresh all components linking.
- A. Log on to the system as administrator. Use the file-manager (such as Windows Explorer) to browse to directory where Outlook Import Wizard was installed (sample: D:Program FilesOutlook Import Wizard). Run the file named as “correct_error.bat” It should display the message about the component registration with DllRegisterServer. Press the OK button to close this message. The program should work now correctly.
- How to use the Outlook Import Wizard without Microsoft Outlook installation?
Q. The importing process slows down if I run the Outlook Import Wizard on the system where Anti-Virus installed.
- A. Unfortunately the anti-virus checking can significantly slow down the system. Our program allows the anti-virus to verify each imported message and this can cause that problem. Of course you can disable the anti-virus and leave the system in non secure state. But we recommend you to be patient and wait for the end of processing instead.
- How to import EML files to Outlook (eml to outlook, msg to outlook, emlx to outlook import).
- How to import TNEF files of DAT extension into MS Outlook?
- How to import the amount of any files Excel, Word and other documents into Outlook to create a PST backup?
- I have recovered the corrupted PST (OST) file using the special tool, is there any way to import EML files repaired by recovery software to Outlook?
- I have a backup of Outlook Express e-mails, how do I change the mail client to Microsoft Outlook? How to copy eml files to Microsoft Outlook? Can outlook import eml files?
- How to convert and import e-mails from Windows Vista Mail to Microsoft Outlook using Outlook Import Wizard?
- I exported the individual messages that I needed from Thunderbird into eml files. Now, how do I import those into Outlook using the Outlook Import Wizard?
- How to import eml files in outlook express?
- How to convert EML files to MSG format? How to save Outlook emails as MSG files?
- Is it possible to open my EML files using the Web Browser to view them ? How do I open the EML file to view it in Opera, Firefox or Internet Explorer?
- How to open .eml files in MS Office Outlook? Outlook 2007 can open EML files, if not, refer to this article.
- How to import or open the PST file in MS Outlook?
- How to set the opened PST as default?
- How to convert a PST file from Outlook 2003 to the earlier version of Outlook?
- How to resolve the issue when pst file is not compatible with this version of Personal Folders?
- How to import eml files into Outlook 2007?
- How to move the Mozilla Thunderbird messages stored in .mbox files to Microsoft Outlook?
- How to extract eml files from Thunderbird, Eudora or Entourage mbox mailbox? Where to find the Free tool for mbox to eml conversion?
- How to export Apple Mail messages, save them and import e-mails from Apple Mail to MS Outlook?
- Most of the emails seem to have had small parts of their contents altered, characters replaced by the Equals symbol (=) when I importing emails from Apple Mail to Outlook. Is there a better way of migrating email from Apple Mail into Outlook so that such transformations do not occur?
- Outlook Express can’t open the .eml file attachment. What to do?
- I can use only default outlook profile to import emails. Why it can’t create new pst or import emails to the orphaned one.
- Emails were imported from Vista Mail client, but the folder names are looking strange, they are truncated, why?
- How to convert multiple eml files to msg format?
- How to convert MSG files to EML format and import EML files into Outlook Express?
- How to protect Default User Profile of Outlook User with the password?
- How to import email files into password-protected PST file of MS Outlook?
- Using Outlook Import Wizard to Work with Unicode PST Files
- How to export IncrediMail messages and import them to MS Outlook?
- How to extract emails from The Bat and import The Bat emails into Outlook?
- How to import emails into Outlook and create the copy of folders structure?
- How to filter big emails or emails having attachments during the eml to pst conversion?
- How to use the Outlook Import Wizard to convert email files to different formats?
- What importing methods (modes) can be used to import email files into outlook?
- Why is the “Importing Options” Settings Group Necessary?
- We need separate PSTs files for each person, such as neil.pst, andrew.pst, alex.pst, etc. Is there a way to do that?
- How to use the Batch Mode to automate the importing of EML, EMLX and MSG files to Outlook PST files?
- How to export Earthlink Mailbox emails to EML and import them to Outlook?
- How to organize and sort email messages in a PST file being created by Outlook Import Wizard?
- What does the “Find hidden files” Outlook import option in Outlook Import Wizard do?
- What is the most efficient way of working with import options and presets?
- Can I create an incremental Outlook mail archive of messages using Outlook Import Wizard?
- How to convert vCard to Outlook and import VCF files to PST?
- Netscape email to Microsoft Outlook import – is that possible?
Outlook Export Wizard
Outlook Export Wizard is all in one solution for Outlook PST content extraction. Save Outlook items as files of multiple formats.
- Outlook Export Wizard extraction modes, what they are for and what are the differences?
- Which data is Outlook Export Wizard able to extract from Outlook?
- Which file types does Outlook Export Wizard work with?
- Can I use the Export Wizard to convert Outlook messages, from MSG to EML (PST to EML)?
- Why extract emails from Outlook?
- Why is the “Exporting Options” group of settings necessary?
- What are the “Attachments” and “File Size” groups of settings for?
- How to extract Outlook items of different types? What is Autodetect function?
- How to export emails from Outlook and import them to Thunderbird?
- How to save Outlook emails and transfer them to The Bat email client?
- How to export Outlook emails, contacts and calendar to Entourage application?
- How to transfer Outlook emails to Mac Mail and PST appointments into iCal Application?
- I need to export email attachments only. Will Outlook Export Wizard help?
- How to extract Outlook PST file attachments and save them as separate files? (instruction)
- How to export Outlook messages and filter them by date?
- I need to export the email from the second email box. How can I accomplish this task?
Outlook Recovery Wizard
Outlook Repair and PST recovery tool designed for data recovery from corrupted Outlook PST and OST files. Can be used to convert OST to PST.
- Cannot open PST file, does this mean that my data file is corrupted?
- What are the common reasons for Outlook damages, what actions can corrupt PST file data?
- It is possible to recover password protected Outlook PST file?
- Can I use the Outlook Repair tool to recover OST file and convert OST to PST format?
- PST Recovery Wizard displays a “Not enough free disk space available” message. Does this mean I can’t fix PST file damage?
- It is possible to recover Outlook PST emails and other items after deletion?
- What types of Outlook data does the Outlook Recovery Wizard utility recover?
- Can Recovery Wizard repair 2GB pst files of the old Outlook format?
- Is that possible to use the Outlook Recovery Tool as an PST viewer?
- What Is The Difference Between The Outlook Recovery Wizard And Microsoft Scanpst Standard Utility From MS Office Package?
Other Issues and Operational Problems
Frequently asked questions about setup and uninstall process of eml to outlook importer. Q. I have uninstalled the utility for importing eml into outlook and Microsoft Outlook starts display a message about removed add-in. How do I remove this add-in completely? How to solve the problem when some of software components are missing or damaged? Q. Imported messages are blank, what caused this and how to prevent it?
- A. The problem appears due to interrupted access to the Outlook data structure and components. Usually the access becomes interrupted due to antivirus software activity. We are noticed that AVG anti-virus is almost always leads to this problem. If imported email messages are empty or only the structure of folders is imported, try to disable the antivirus and run the Outlook Import Wizard again. According to feedbacks from our users, the problem can be avoided if you start importing in Windows Safe Mode. Before you perform the importation, please check whether your Windows account has Administrator rights.
- My antivirus suspects your software in attempting to send some data hidden. What’s that?