Q. Having purchased software I am unable to install message oiwsetup.exe displayed. Does this software not work with vista?
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: oiwsetup.exe
Application Version: 188.8.131.52
Application Timestamp: 2a425e19
Fault Module Name: StackHash_9346
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 003e72c6
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 9346
Additional Information 2: 48edb69bdb32c271ed1fcc4102c857e5
Additional Information 3: b22c
Additional Information 4: 5b189ae998543fe7205e9de0296140b1
A. The Vista OS is not officially supported, but many users are using the Outlook Import Wizard installed on Vista OS.
The StackHash error occurs any time DEP is invoked and has an issue with whatever application you’re trying to run (and there are several hundred out there that seem to give it fits). The error is related to Data Execution Prevention. Here’s how 99 percent of Vista users can fix a StackHash failure:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel
- Browse to System Maintenance then System
- In the left panel, select Advanced System Settings from the available links
- You should now see the System Properties Window, which will have three sections. The top section is labeled Performance and has a Settings button. Click this button.
- Select the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Select the option which reads Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
- Use the Browse button to locate the executable file for the application you were trying to start (oiwsetup.exe) when you received the StackHash error, and click Open to add it to your exceptions list.
- Click Apply or OK to commit your changes.
Unfortunately we can’t guarantied you that described instruction will solve the issue with StackHash error on your Vista computer but you can try it to resolve the problem. But fortunately you can download our software and try it before purchase.