How to organize and sort email messages in a PST file being created by Outlook Import Wizard?
Learn how a data import option in Outlook Import Wizard can help you change the order of emails in a PST file being created or generate chronologically valid PST files from EML and MSG files residing on your hard drive. How to organize and sort email messages in a PST file being created by Outlook Import Wizard?
Outlook Import Wizard will help you perform a data import to PST in a chronological order.
If you often convert mbox to PST or eml to PST, you may want your Outlook PST files to be organized in an order that reflects the creation dates of the message files being imported. This will make it possible to create identical copies of message archives from third-party email applications to Outlook without tedious manual sorting or any other efforts or this kind at all. Doing this with the help of Outlook Import Wizard is easy – in fact, it’s the very same process of importing message files to a PST file, but with an extra option enabled.
Create chronological sequences of PST items from arrays of EML or MSG files
To convert mbox to PST or convert eml to PST preserving the original date and time for imported messages, follow a series of simple steps:
- Start Outlook Import Wizard [ download Outlook Import Wizard here ]
- Choose the source folder containing message files. It can be the default Windows Mail / Live Mail storage or a folder on your hard drive containing EML or MSG files that you want to import to PST.
- Press Next button and allow program to scan the subfolders and find emails inside.
- You can now click the Next button at the bottom of the screen to configure the necessary import options.
- On the Options screen, choose the “Preserve Date and Time for converted files” option. When enabled, this option will make sure that the date and time of creation of Outlook PST entries will match those of corresponding message files. As the result, you will get a PST file with messages and folders matching the messages and folders in the source location.
- Press Next button and specify the destination location for the files to be imported. It can be a PST file or the default Outlook storage.
- Continue with the import process by clicking the “Start” button and follow on-screen instructions to complete it.
As you see, the “Preserve Date and Time for converted files” option greatly simplifies the creation of properly organized and chronologically correct PST files from message files on your hard drive. Use it every time you need to convert EML to PST or convert MBOX to PST preserving the creation date and time of the source files.