Find out how you can easily convert the contents of TNEF (dat file extension) files to Microsoft Outlook. DAT to PST conversion can be easy completed with the right tool and contain just a few simple steps requiring a bare minimum of effort.
An overview of the TNEF format and its relation to Outlook
TNEF (Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format is essentially a format of email attachments used by Microsoft Outlook and Exchange Server. As a rule, an attached file in this format is called winmail.dat or win.dat (have a dat file extension) and a MIME type of “;Application/MS-TNEF”;. The content of TNEF files may range from Outlook-specific data describing forms, controls, meeting requests, OLE mga bagay at mga dokumento sa mga aktwal na mga attachment na nauugnay sa mga email. Ang ilan sa mga TNEF file ay maaaring kahit na naglalaman ng user-kaugnay na impormasyon, tulad ng isang user name at ang path ng file.
Kung ikaw ay sa isang sitwasyon na nangangailangan ng pag-convert ng ilang mga TNEF na mga file sa Outlook, Outlook-Import Wizard ay ang tamang tool para sa trabaho. Halimbawa, maaaring kailangan ang tulong ng Outlook-Import Wizard upang i-import DAT file ng TNEF format nai-save sa pamamagitan ng Windows Live Mail sa Outlook. Ang programa ay nagtatampok ng mga kidlat-mabilis na DAT to PST conversion at ay makakatulong sa iyo ilipat ang mga nilalaman ng mga file ng TNEF format sa walang oras. Bukod pa rito, Outlook-Import Wizard ay nag-dumating sa madaling-magamit para sa pag-convert ng TNEF .dat file sa iba pang mga format, tulad ng msg, eml, txt at HTML.
Nagko-convert ng mga file sa isang dat extension para sa paggamit sa Microsoft Outlook
The procedure for importing the content of a TNEF file to Microsoft Outlook is no different from that for other file types supported by Outlook Import Wizard. The process is extremely simple, straightforward and largely self-explanatory:
- First, Start Outlook Import Wizard by clicking its name in the Programs menu or by clicking a shortcut on your desktop.
- Specify the folder the program will search for TNEF files (dat extension) in. To do that, you can either type the path to the folder manually or use the standard Windows file/folder selection dialog that can be opened by clicking a small button to the right of the “;Source Folder”; field.
- Select the “;Find DAT (TNEF) files”; option only and uncheck all other file types to exclude them from selection.
- Wait for Outlook Import Wizard to scan the specified location drive for files with DAT extension. If a file is found, it will be shown on the screen right way and you will be able to terminate the search process by clicking “;Abort”; to save time.
- Once the search is over, select the files with the DAT file extension that you would like to import by checking corresponding boxes. Click “;Next”; to proceed to the import options screen.
- Once on the import options screen, leave everything as is, since the program has no TNEF file specific options to select. Outlook Import Wizard will use applicable options only to convert files of different formats, so in the case of DAT to PST conversion, no options will affect the import result. You can, gayunpaman, use file size and date filters to narrow your selection and change some of the general program settings that control the behavior of the program in relation to all file types. Once finished configuring the settings, click “;Next”; to proceed to the next step.
- The next step of the DAT to PST converter lets you to select the destination location for the imported TNEF file data. You can import data from files with a DAT extension in one of the three available ways: [object DOMWindow]) add the data to an existing Outlook PST file, 2) add the data to the default Outlook storage and 3) add the data to a new Outlook PST file. Once done, click “;Finish”; to import DAT to PST.
- The program will the data and display a log of conversion operations.
Bilang maaari mong makita, importing data from files with a DAT extension (TNEF format) using Outlook Import Wizard is a snap. In most situations, the process takes a minute or even less. However, if you would like to batch convert hundreds or even thousands of TNEF files, the duration of the import process will increase accordingly.