This article explains the purpose of the “;Exporting Options”; group of options in the Export Wizard, en biedt voorbeelden van hoe deze toe te passen.
You can view additional settings for Outlook Export Wizard by clicking the button labeled “;Opties“;”; on the first page of the wizard. As in Outlook-Wizard importeren itself, all of the program’;s options are divided into groups for the sake of layout. We will be looking at “;Exporting Options“;, which will be important when you export messages using the program, as well as examples of their application and cases when they should be used (the default state of the settings is in parentheses).
- “;Exporteren van MSG bestanden als RFC 822 tekst eml formaat”; (disabled only if Autodetect option is ingeschakeld). This feature allows for saving Outlook messages with the MSG extension with RFC 822 EML “;insides”;, as used in EML Outlook Express berichten. These files are not related to the original MSG Outlook formaat, cannot be opened in Outlook, and are merely EML files with a changed file extension. Some alternative mail clients (zoals De vleermuis) are able to work with such pseudo-MSG files. Daarom, after you import emails, if you see messages being displayed incorrectly in your mail client, we recommend that you take advantage of this feature: eerste extract from Outlook the messages in .eml format but with the MSG extension, and then try to import them again.
- “;Create the subfolders structure at the file system”; (ingeschakeld). This option is responsible for preserving the PST bestandsstructuur when you export messages. Wanneer ingeschakeld, the option means that the PST bestandsstructuur will be saved as a Windows directory tree (with a separate directory for each of the directories in Outlook), filled with extracted files for e-mails, contactpersonen, calendar events and other Outlook data in the user-specified format. Als deze optie is uitgeschakeld, the program will extract from Outlook all data into the specified Windows directory as a single array, without taking account of subdirectories.
- “;Keep the Outlook item creation date for saved files”; (uitgeschakeld). Elke Outlook PST item has the creation time stamp but the file system marks each file by vandaag date when the Wizard Outlook exporteren saves exported PST item to the files. It can be inconvenient if you wish to organize exported Outlook items by date. This option intended to help with the files time-stamping. If the option enabled the exporting tool will try to change the date-time stamp of each exported file to be equal to date and time of the Outlook item creation.
- “;Choose the source Outlook Profile for exporting”; (uitgeschakeld). If this option is inactive, then when you extract from PST Outlook data, the settings for the current e-mail profile will be used. When turned on, after the export process is begun the user will see a dialog for selecting an Outlook-profiel. Configuration and Outlook-profiel-related items are set in the “;Mail”; and “;Control Panel”; Instellingen (Windows XP). The feature for choosing an Outlook-profiel is extremely useful when attempting to export messages on a PC with multiple user accounts.
- “;Prompt to choose the source Outlook Folder”; (disable). The the Outlook Export Wizard start searching for Outlook items from the root folder of PST file. But you can enable this special option which enable the program to prompt the source folder which should be used as a start folder of the exporting structure. For example –; if you wish to save Outlook emails stored under Postvak in folder and sub-folders inside, you can pick the Postvak in and the Export Wizard will save only selected folder and its structure content.