I’;am trying to open an .EML attachment using Outlook Express, nothing happens when I trying to run .eml file.
This problem can occur if the .eml file type was associated with an installed third-party e-mail software. Either the file may not open or you may receive an error message that states that there is no program associated with this file type.
To resolve this behavior, you can either run the Outlook Express (Msimn.exe executable file) with the /reg option to force Outlook Express to re-register its file types, or re-register the .eml file type in My Computer.
To run the Msimn executable file with the /reg option:
- Close the Outlook Express ako je pokrenut
- Klik Početak (Windows start button), a zatim Trčanje stavku
- Type in msimn /reg u Open box, a zatim u redu dugme
To re-register the .eml file type in My Computer:
- Double-click My Computer shortcut on the desktop
- Otvoren je Alati izborniku i kliknite Folder Options
- Kliknite na File Types kartica
- Pod Registered file types, klik EML Outlook Express Mail Message, a zatim Advanced
- Klik Otvoren, a zatim Edit
- Type in the following single line in the Application used to perform action okvir:
“;C:Program FilesOutlook ExpressMSIMN.EXE”; /eml:%1
- Klik u redu dugme, klik u redu opet, a zatim Zatvori
Save Attachment Button Is Disabled
Default Outlook Express installation has the security level which do not allow to open and save attached files which can be dangerous for your system.
To enable the access to attachments you can do the following:
- Run the Outlook Express and choose the Alati Izbornik
- Klik Opcije i odaberite u Security kartica
- Erase the check-box which named:
“;Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus.”;
- Restart the Outlook Express application.