I’;am trying to open an .eml attachment using आउटलुक एक्सप्रेस, nothing happens when I trying to run .eml file.
This problem can occur if the .eml file type was associated with an installed third-party e-mail software. Either the file may not open or you may receive an error message that states that there is no program associated with this file type.
To resolve this behavior, you can either run the आउटलुक एक्सप्रेस (Msimn.exe executable file) with the /reg option to force Outlook Express to re-register its file types, or re-register the .eml file type in My Computer.
To run the Msimn executable file with the /reg option:
- Close the आउटलुक एक्सप्रेस if it is launched
- क्लिक प्रारंभ करें (Windows start button), and then click Run item
- Type in msimn /reg in the Open box, and then click ठीक है बटन
To re-register the .eml file type in My Computer:
- Double-click My Computer shortcut on the desktop
- Open the Tools menu and click Folder Options
- क्लिक करें File Types tab
- Under Registered file types, click EML Outlook Express Mail Message, and then click Advanced
- क्लिक खोलें, and then click Edit
- Type in the following single line in the Application used to perform action बॉक्स:
“;सी:Program FilesOutlook ExpressMSIMN.EXE”; /eml:%1
- क्लिक ठीक है बटन, click ठीक है फिर से, and then click Close
Save Attachment Button Is Disabled
Default Outlook Express installation has the security level which do not allow to open and save attached files which can be dangerous for your system.
To enable the access to attachments you can do the following:
- Run the Outlook Express and choose the Tools menu
- क्लिक विकल्प और का चयन करें Security tab
- Erase the check-box which named:
“;Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus.”;
- Restart the Outlook Express application.