The new function which allows to convert multiple email files to different formats was added to Outlook Import Wizard. So you can use the fastest and convenient solution. Read how to convert multiple EML files to MSG format with help of Outlook Import Wizard.
The old method is described below.
The EML (RFC822 compliant format) file can be easily converted to MSG (Used by Microsoft Office Outlook) using Outlook Import Wizard and MS Outlook. The EML is the default e-mail extension for Mozilla Thunderbird and Windows Mail and Microsoft Outlook Express. An eml file can contain the email as well as attachments. The EML file formatting is similar to HTML/XML. The Outlook Import Wizard will help you in case if you wish to import individual eml messages from Thunderbird to MS Outlook. Outlook Import Wizard is a tool which was intended to transfer eml files into PST Outlook storage preserving the structure of directories. The eml importing software tool serves as eml to outlook converter, easily transfers eml files into Microsoft Outlook.
To convert the EML file to MSG you can do the following:
If you wish to convert the amount of EML files preserving the structure of folders, you should organize EML files according to folders structure.
Import EML files into MS Outlook (eml to Outlook)
1. Download the latest version of Outlook Import Wizard, install and register it
2. Run the Outlook Import Wizard software
3. Select the Outlook storage which will store the structure of folders and emails
4. Choose the root folder of folders structure containing EML files.
Outlook Import Wizard will search EML files in the selected directory structure and display the list of EML files and the full path. At this stage you is able to filter some files.
5. Run the EML Importing and wait for the end of operation.
Now, Outlook stores imported eml files in native MSG format so you can export emails to MSG files
Export emails from Outlook to separate MSG files
6. Run the Windows Explorer and create the folder to save MSG files
7. Launch the MS Outlook and open the folder which was selected as target
8. Select the amount of messages which you want to save as MSG files
9. Drag the selection to the folder in Windows Explorer
You can use the drag-and-drop function to export other email items from Outlook to MSG files. More information about drag-and-drop function you can find in “;How to import eml files in Outlook Express”; article. For Outlook Express users we recommend to change the email client to MS Outlook.
To find out more, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions.
Article describes how to use the Outlook Import Wizard to convert EML files to native MSG format of MS Outlook